The votes are tallied… and the results are in! In addition to making their selection for President and Congressional representatives, voters across the country cast their votes on 174 ballot initiatives.
Where can you turn for the best coverage of the 2012 election – particularly for results of state and local elections and ballot initiatives? We’ve identified the following websites, many of which are repeats on our Top Sites for Election Coverage list, as those that provide the most comprehensive information. And, like many of our favorite websites across category lines, they just keep getting better… See for yourself:
- Ballotwatch – by the Initiative & Referendum Institute at the University of Southern California
- National Conference of State Legislatures: Ballot Measures Database (searchable)
- Washington Post – Campaign 2012 50 States: Results (Note: Click on Senate, House, and Governor tabs to see state election results)
- Governing’s Election Center
- Council of State Governments Knowledge Center: Snapshot of Ballot Initiatives (blog)
- Pensions & Investments: 2012 Election Results (State/Local Amendments with pension implications)